Monday, April 9, 2012

Hum Hai Rahi pyar K (Additional Incident)

The trophy cabinet of Mumbai University is filled with so many awards for ‘most stupid exam time table’ that it is virtually impossible to count them. There is usually gap of about a week between two papers. Sometimes it is fortnight. It was my VII semester examination. I was sitting on my usual place on the fourth floor corridor studying for Project Planning & Execution (PPE) paper. The subject is full theoretical and last five years paper suggested that question are stereotype short notes. I was trying to mug up as much as possible.

‘trrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrring trrrrrrrrrrrrrrrring’

without looking at my watch I knew it was 1pm. And morning batch of paper has ended. I started my routine by opening my Tiffin which strictly consisted of French fries. It takes me five minutes in silence to finish it. I drink water from my bottle and go for a piss. After returning to base I mixed my water with Glucon D. I picked my plastic bag which contained all the pen and calcy and took off for the second floor towards my exam block. After exchanging the customary wishes with the classmates I entered the hall and sat on my designated seat.

The fan is making enough noise to keep us awake but the afternoon nap attack is always round the corner. Teacher started distributing the question paper. I looked at the expression of my mates when they take a first look at paper. The guy at the first bench is a nerd. He moves his hand so fast during writing that whole bench shakes making a rattling noise which complements the Fan. He glances at the first page then turns it around. He does this so fast that every new invigilator turns back to see what he is up to. The rest class is oblivious of this, half in tension about the paper and other half knowing him well to be surprised about this. Few have nicknamed him ‘zig-zag-zoom’ for his very fast tempo of speaking.

The next to receive is tensed girl who once started crying even before the examiner could start asking her questions in viva. Even her opinion about the paper is useless.

The third in line is my reference point. He is calm composed and sensible guy whose gestures tell you about the nature of paper. He has a confused look over his face, a look that I’m not able to associate with any paper before. I get my paper. I take out my pencil and read the second question. It’s a numerical. I put a cross mark besides it grinning to myself. The next question is Numerical too. I am grieved as I put cross mark besides it too. I know that I have No more choices. Unfortunately the fourth question is about Economics and Next about Ergonomics. The rest two I am not able to identify the subject too. I move toward the first question which is compulsory one it has ten sub questions to be termed true or false. This is going to be my first K.T I thought putting pen to paper.

As I get out of classroom with a bad ache in my temple I am blocked on my way to loo by Tiger. His raised eye brow is answered by shake of my head. There are times when even pissing does not relax you. This was one of those moments.

when I reached canteen I saw tiger talking to someone on his mobile. Tiger intercepted me in mid way, and pushed me out of the door. I resisted and argued that i desperately need tea.

“You can have one in theatre”

‘huh’

“nakhra mat kaar”

‘kya bol raha hai tu?’

“please re , sirf char din chutti hai agale paper k lia chul na movie dekhte hai. Baad mai time nahi milega”

‘kaunsi movie’

“Rab ne bani di Jodi”

‘Pagal hai kya?’

“Please .... mere lia”

i reteculantly dragged my feet to the theatre. The only available ticket was of front row. The movie was crap. and the whole theatre was silent. It was too much for me. I always wanted to walk out of theatre midway of the movie. This was my chance I thought.

‘chul jate hai’

Tiger did not reply. He just caught my hand and pressed me into seat.

“SRK ki movie hai. Aage acchi hogi”

the aage never came and my fused blowed up so much so that i started laughing at every dialogue. My laugh was hysteric and contagious. The theatre started laughing at all the poor jokes. The movie was only next to Jajantaram mamantram in the list of tortures i saw in Theater. (I dare not mention that I saw ‘jani dushman’ too)

The next week was funny. Everone in college pulling tigers leg for taking the entire class to such pathetic piece of drama. Bye turned into “Hum hai rahi pyar ke, Phir milange . chulte chulte “ (the most stupid dialogue and even a song in movie)

and like most stupid ritiuals I encorporated HHRPK PM CC into my system. As aremembrance of how ‘BHUMPAK’ a day can be !

2 comments:

  1. Dear Er Ruchit,
    Good thoughts dude, wud love to meet you in person

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tx Raj
    and i really mean it
    This is the frst comment on any of my Blogs :)

    ReplyDelete