Monday, March 19, 2012

Drinks (Added Part I)

The seven day gap between the papers was always a mini holiday. This time the holiday coincided with Christmas. Nick’s parents were out and it was apparent that the drinking community of our class would gather at his place. I was invited too. Usually I was designated Non-drinker, meant to see if there were not any abnormalities in the bills. When I reached Nicks place I was surprised to see that only our core group was invited.

Duke, Tiger and I were non-drinkers while Nick, Scotty and Fartu were pro.

‘Looks like you have Quit drinking’ I asked Nick

he raised an eye brow and slowly spoke ‘I have some other plan’

the twinkling of his eyes made his grin vicious. I looked around at Tiger; he was fiddling with his hairs in front of mirror. He noticed me looking at him. He turned around and with a questioned look on his face asked ‘are you gay?’

‘What’s with you?’

‘it you who was ogling at me’

‘Cut the crap and tell me what’s cooking?’

‘Wait and enjoy!’

He got up from his place and cuddled me from behind. Pressing my biceps he said ‘you are so soft’

‘huh?’

‘Kind of fluffy’ he smirked, moving hand over them.

I just rolled my eyes and looked at our reflection in mirror. He rested his head on my back and gave a soft moan.

‘What happen?’ I enquired.

‘Hmm, nothing just feeling a bit sleepy’

‘k’

‘if your romance is over, we better get going’ Nick said.

‘What do you think? We are gay or what?’

‘Sometimes I seriously doubt it’ he clapped his hands on this dialogue as others started laughing. Tiger released me from his hold and started to button up his shirt. With one last look in mirror he announced ‘I’m ready’ and with a pat on my butt he added ‘move it baby’



we reached a local restaurant at Gorai (Borivali west). We went to backside where they sported a bar. Nicks ordered chicken 69 for starters and Smirnoff (apple flavour) for six.

I started laughing.

‘this time around you lost your mind before having even a sip’

‘whatz’

‘you forgot that we don’t drink’

‘not from now’ he said.

The persuasion continued as duke and I were adamant about it.

The waiter brought the drink and made six glasses as duke kept yelling about drinking being a social disease and Fartu asking him why he was staying with infected people.

I looked at tiger for some help. He looked back, jerking his head upward.

‘Why are you not saying anything?’

‘Ok, will you agree to what I say?’

‘What’s with you?

‘I’m starting to drink today and I know that even you will so I don’t think there is any point wasting any time arguing ’

‘ I’m not drinking’

‘Please, for me’

Scotty and Fartu mounted pressure on me as I succumbed to it.

With me drinking Nicks was confident that Duke would too and so just to strike with iron hot he said ‘Duke, this is last time I’m asking you to join. After this I don’t care even if you just fuck off from here’

Duke looked much tensed. Emotional battle raging in his mind as he spoke ‘no problem if u do that, but I’m not a ‘DARUDYA’ and so I wont drink’

‘even I would just taste’ I tried to back off.

‘It’s my first time too’ tiger said reassuring.

‘We know you are amateur, don’t worry’ Fartu added.

Glass in everyone’s hand contained a 50-50 mixture of vodka and sprite only Duke had sprite in glass. Everyone raised their glasses in toast for our first drink.



Cheers !



‘Cheers’ everyone cried.

As I took a first small sip an ugly tasting liquid filled my mouth. As I swallowed it, it went burning my throat.

‘You are officially drinker now’ cried Nick.

After chicken 69 and a couple of more ‘Pegs’, we ate butter chicken. The taste was so good that I ate till my tummy was packed.

I was having a mild dizziness and I associated it with vodka’s effect. Others went to eat ‘Paan’. I did not for one reason that I never ate paan before and other that my tummy was so full that even a Paan would bring out everything. I settled for a mint.

As we moved towards Nicks home, Nick pointed at a building.

‘This is where Dimple lives’

‘let’s call her’ Tiger suggested looking up.

‘You have gone out of your mind’ cried troubled Duke.

‘These are our enjoying days’ Tiger winked.

‘Let’s get going’ I was losing grip on myself as I found hard to even speak.

Before we could do anything, Dimple appeared in window.

‘What are you guys doing here?’ she asked.

‘Just came to Nicks house’

‘Come up’

I was worried (*gote muhe mai AA Gaye thae*)

but there was no escape. We went to her house.

‘This is one of the most interactive batch of students I’ve had’ Dimple explained to her Parents as her younger brother and sister were looking at us beaming. The dizziness had turned into strong acidic burst in my stomach. I was controlling not to puke. Her sister brought kokum syrup for us.

Every nerve in my body tried controlling that puking as I took a sip.

‘It’s good that you gave us Kokum syrup. It helps to avoids in indigestion...’Nick was stopped mid way by burst of my vomit.



oops !



‘The Projectile as it was famously referred latter.

My term-work mark for remaining semesters highlights my first drinking experience. (Added coz Manav complains about incomplete stories: P)

{and written because Ansh asked me Do u Drink? I answered: ‘m an engineer!

Ofcource drinking saved me blushes when I was working in MNC and my Sr. Manager was impressed by my professional display in party, I think I should save it for latter.}



With Love ......

Thodi si jo pi li hai

Urs Ruchit Pathak Engg.



http://aprexmon.blogspot.com/2012/03/w-h-ater_19.htmlW (h) ATER (Added Part II)

2 comments:

  1. whtz nextttttttttt?

    ye to KLPD HO GAYA MAN!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well its just a random incident ,
      read the main story lifes unfair
      http://aprexmon.blogspot.in/2012/03/lifes-unfair.html

      u'll get to know the characters and its complete package KLPD nahi hoga !

      Delete